In 1901, Robert J. Reid established a furniture and funeral business under the same roof at 230 Princess Street. This building also provided housing for Robert Reid and his family and in subsequent years, his family's family. As the furniture and funeral businesses continued to grow, each needed additional space to serve the residents of Kingston. The Funeral Home was relocated to the corner of Johnson and Barrie Streets, where in 1953 "The Chapel on the Corner" was opened with expanded facilities, including a formal chapel which seats 200 people.
Over the years the funeral home continued to grow by expanding parking and improving facilities. The most recent addition is a post funeral reception facility. The funeral home is stIll located at the corner of Johnson and Barrie Streets.
For four generations Robert J. Reid & Sons has served the residents of Kingston with quality, caring funeral service. The funeral home is presently managed by fourth generation Robert Kinnear Reid. Robert received his funeral director's license in 1983, and is committed to continue the "Tradition of Caring".